- It is a data structure that contains all relevant information about a process.
- Each process has one unique PCB.
- It is also termed as Process Descriptor (Pd).
- To execute a process, the OS will create a data structure that contains all the information about a process called PCB. It is also being termed as a context of a process.
Some of the important fields present in the process control block are:
- Scheduling Parameter
- Program Counter
- CPU registers
- Pointer to the other PCB
- List of open files
- List of open devices like keyboard, mouse
All these PCB’s are present in one master Process Control block.
Diag-1: Process Control Block(PCB)
- Process vs program
- Sections of a process
- States of a process
- Attributes of a process
- Context switching
- Termination of a process
Categories: Operating system (OS)
Leave a Reply